Make sure your trip is hiccup free by knowing exactly what to pack for your trip to the Pacific Coast. Whether you’re going for a road trip down the Pacific Coast Highway, or plopping down for some R&R in one of the charming coastal towns, we’ve got you covered.
While Pacific Grove and the surrounding Monterey Bay area boast a temperate clime year round, be prepared for anything. We recommend bringing:
- Layers: This way you can adjust to any temperature variations easily!
- Rain jacket: Can’t hurt, can it?
- Rain boots: You’ll be ready to explore the beach and all the nearby hiking routes.
- Sunglasses: Protect your peepers so you can take it all in.
- Sunscreen: Even if you don’t feel it, the sun is with you.
- Camera: From whale watching to the butterfly sanctuary, there are plenty of sights you’ll want to remember.
- Sneakers: Whether you go for a bike ride, jog, walk, or take a tuktuk along the seaside trail, you’ll want your feet to be comfy.
- Swimsuit: Did we mention all of the water activities? In case jumping into the ocean weren’t enough, surfing, paddle boarding, and other water sports abound!
- Reservation: As you can imagine, this is a popular destination, so you’ll want to book in advance. If you have any doubts, the family-owned Olympia Lodge is a sure bet. The staff would be happy to help you book your stay.
- Open mind: Take recommendations from locals on what to see, where to eat, and what to do, you’ll be pleasantly surprised!
Whatever your plan, you’re sure to have a great time. And now that you know exactly what to pack for your Pacific Grove trip, all you have to do is get there!